Duration: one day (8 hours)
For Anyone wanting to learn four wheeling driving and “Getting Unstuck” techniques in winter snow conditions (Note: This class contains elements the Basic Training Class and the Getting Unstuck class, but geared entirely to off roading in the snow)
This class teaches the in and outs of 4 wheeling, from driving to safety, from vehicle operation to r getting unstuck in case you do, while exploring the backcountry in snow and ice conditions! Most of all, this class is FUN!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CLASS:
• How to climb hills safely with minimal tire spin and wear in snow and ice
• How to descend steep hills and what to avoid to assure your safety in snow and ice
• The basics of rock crawling in snow
• How to safely traverse side slopes in snow and ice
• Choosing the best path over obstacles, ruts and bumps in snow and ice
• What is the best tire air pressure for driving in snow and ice, and why
• Why 4x4s get stuck and what you can do to avoid getting stuck in snow and ice
• Tricks and tools for getting unstuck
• When things go wrong, what to do
• Items you should always carry off road in the winter
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BASIC TRAINING CLASS:
• All instruction with a student to instructor ratio of 4:1
• Minimal Classroom time with an emphasis on being outside, driving and observing
• Bring a spouse or a friend at no extra cost. They can ride along, learn spotting or even split driving!
• Lodging discounts if you would like to stay in Big Bear for the class
• A Completion Certificate
• Coupons for Product, lodging and meal discounts
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
•A 4x4 vehicle, street legal, with a 2-speed transfer case and off road type tires in good condition (off road tires – All Terrain or Mud Terrain are REQUIRED for this class) , Tires chains that fit your tires are required one set minimum, two sets is best!
• Modified vehicles are strongly recommended. A lift, skid plates and 33” tires are highly recommended. Stock Jeep JK Rubicons with 32” M/T tires are OK. All vehicles are subject to a basic safety inspection.
• Absolutely no lowered vehicles or low profile tires
• Water, lunch and snacks for you and any other occupants of your vehicle Lunch is provided, but bring enough water for the day, at least ½ gallon per person.
• Warm clothing for layering. It gets down to the 40 degree range at night the in summer. Heavy clothing for late fall, winter and early spring. It can get down to zero and snow is always possible.
• High top shoes, like hiking boots, are best. Sandals are not a good idea. Lugged soles provide good traction on slopes and rocks.
Lunch & Snacks
• Gloves for cold and for work.
• A hat and sun block
• Any medications you take
WHAT'S IT COST?
For everything listed above, the cost is:
$275 per vehicle (two people)
We also have a lodging package at the Vintage Resort, we’ll send you info after you register.
CLASS MINIMUM IS 3 Students
4x4 Rentals Basic Training class
We have several 4x4s available for rental.
Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited with a lift, automatic transmission and off road tires are $299/day
Jeep Wrangler JK two door with a lift, automatic transmission and off road tires are $279/day
Nissan Xterra Off Road with a lift, automatic transmission and off road tires is $229/day
Coming for far, far away?? Fly in to Ontario International Airport where you can rent a car to drive to and from Big Bear Lake. The drive takes about 1.5 hours and is very scenic.
Hit the SNOW!! In Big Bear Lake, CA
Schedule a Day for
Private Class. Learn at your own pace!!, Big Bear Lake, CA
This class requires payment in full at time of registration
100% refund less a $10 processing fee up to two weeks prior to class date. 50% refund up to one week prior to class.no refund within 48 hours of class starting date, although we will reschedule for a future date.
If a Class is sold out, you can select another date